Solar Water Heating
If you have a hot water tank with an immersion in your home you can use the excess energy generated by your solar panels to heat your water.
Gain even more savings from your investment in PV by utilising the excess energy. In summertime you can expect to get a full tank of hot water if you’re out a lot in the daytime or have a large pv array and low energy usage. In winter excess pv energy generation will preheat your water so you will still be saving throughout the year.
The solar water heating systems installed by Sungift are Intelligent ensuring that only excess generated power is used to heat the water in your tank. The system will intelligently adjusts the flow of energy to the immersion in response to both; changes in generation, and changes in home consumption as you go about your daily business.
Why should I use solar PV to heat my water?
- Buying in energy from the grid to heat water can be very costly. Sunlight is free, so once you’ve paid for the initial installation your hot water costs will be reduced.
- Solar photovoltaic panels can provide 70% of your hot water annually, so home owners will see a huge saving.
- Solar Photovoltaic panels installed correctly are relatively maintenance free, so maintenance costs are much lower than traditional solar thermal installations.
- Make the most of your roof’s potential, Solar photovoltaic will provide you with Electricity and your hot water.
- Reduce the amount of time your boiler is in use. Optimise your system by reducing the amount of “on” time for your boiler. We suggest keeping it off during the daytime especially if you are not home and on in the evening. This means the boiler only tops up already warmed water.
- Fitting an immersion device is a great way to maximise yourself consumption.
- Your helping our planet Lower carbon footprint. Solar hot water is a green, renewable heating system and can reduce your carbon dioxide emissions.